- How P.O.W.E.R. got started
- The role of the bank's Board of Directors in launching and continuing to support P.O.W.E.R.
- The program's key benefits
- Why P.O.W.E.R. has become a movement of women entrepreneurs and all women in business with the entrepreneurial spirit
- What the future of P.O.W.E.R. looks like
- Six tips on making your business successful from 38 years of banking experience
- The financial measurement for your business that matters more than revenue growth
- The most powerful woman in Joe's life and the impact she's made
How the P.O.W.E.R. Program Has Become a Movement
When you started your business, did you pick a bank based on convenience because a bank is a bank is a bank, just a place to store money and pay bills? What if there was a bank leading a movement for women entrepreneurs and all women in business with an entrepreneurial spirit? Would that make a difference? According to a 2017 study published by American Express, women are opening 1.5 times the number of businesses than men. Over the past 20 years, the number of women owned businesses has grown 114% and there are an estimated 11.6 million women-owned businesses in the U.S. SonaBank noticed this powerful trend and decided these women deserved more from a bank. In this episode, host Mary Foley speaks with Joe Shearin, CEO of SonaBank, about how the idea for the P.O.W.E.R program came about, why it's become a movement of entrepreneurial-minded women, and the impact of the most powerful woman in his life.
Listen & learn:Read More...
MEET OUR P.O.W.E.R. PLUG HOST...
Mary Foley — Known for her insights, candidness and humor, Mary Foley energizes women entrepreneurs with the clarity, confidence, and tools to attract, engage, and win more clients. In addition to hosting the P.O.W.E.R. Plug podcast, Mary is the author of three books, energizing keynote speaker, business mentor and lover of red capes. For more, go to maryfoley.com.
The information contained in this P.O.W.E.R. Plug Podcast expresses the opinion of the author and does not constitute advice from or the opinion of Sonabank.